I am pleased to be welcoming clients back into the clinic. Please read below so that you are aware of the new protocols in place for your visit.
1. Online booking is temporarily suspended. In person treatment slots are limited and need to be spaced out to allow for proper cleaning. All assessments will be done virtually. Please contact email@example.com to book a session
2. Each person will be emailed a COVID screen and asked a series of COVID screening questions at every visit. If you answer yes to any questions, or you are visibly unwell (such as a cold or cough), your session will be rescheduled to a later date. If you are unwell please let us know as soon as possible so that your treatment session can be switched to a video session or rescheduled.
3. Please knock on the door 5 min before your treatment session. If you arrive early, please wait in your car or outside respecting social distancing.
4. Please arrive alone. Do not bring any children who are not being treated. If you would like someone included in the treatment we can set up a video session.
5. Masks must be worn at all times. Please bring your own mask. If you arrive with out a mask you may purchase one for $2 as long as there is sufficient supply, otherwise, your treatment will be rescheduled. Acceptable masks are N95s, Surgical Masks and Reusable Cloth masks that fit tightly to your face. Buffs, scarves or bandanas are not sufficient. Masks may be removed for treatment of the head neck or jaw. The therapist will then use a face shield in addition to their face mask during the treatment.
6. As per the Ministry of Health’s recommendation, the clinic will be following a hybrid model of Tele-health and In-clinic treatment. If appropriate, follow up sessions should be done via video.
If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy completed a Bachelors degree in Kinesiology at McMaster University in 2004 and a Master of Science in Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto in 2006. Since then she has been working with orthopaedic injuries in private physiotherapy practice.
Wendy strongly believes that a detailed assessment of the entire body allows her to understand the cause of her clients injuries. This approach allows a more focused treatment addressing the problems underlying her client’s injuries and not just the symptoms. Specific exercises, correcting faulty motor patterns and muscle imbalances are keys to the successful treatment and prevention of all injuries. Wendy personalizes her client’s treatment session to fit their individual needs and provides the education needed to prevent the problem from reoccurring.
Wendy has advanced physiotherapy training in pelvic health and the treatment of diastasis, urinary incontinence, pelvic pain, pelvic organ prolapse and postpartum exercises. She has completed her training in the Integrated Systems Model with Diane Lee. Wendy completed the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute certification exam in 2007. She has postgraduate courses in Trigger Point Dry Needling (TDN) and Manual Therapy.
Wendy is a Mat and Reformer Pilates instructor; her training is with the Body Harmonics Studio in Toronto. She instructs both group and individual Pilates sessions.
When not practicing physiotherapy Wendy enjoys staying active with her partner and two children. In her spare time she enjoys yoga, swimming, running, cycling, Pilates and cross-country skiing.